The team behind Pulsar is a community that came about naturally after the announcement of Atom's Sunset and decided that they needed to do something about it to keep their favorite editor alive.
This is a true community-led project to modernize, update and improve the original Atom project into a contemporary, hackable and fully open editor.
Pulsar is all of us, feel free to contribute, discuss, answer questions and suggest ideas in any of our community areas.
- Community developed, led and focused
- Pulsar is being made by a community who came together from the stellar remnants of Atom. A community that wants to build upon the huge legacy that was left and make a uniquely hackable editor.
- To continue and build upon the legacy of the Atom text editor which has been sunset.
- This means not only supporting the editor itself but also the package repository with its thousands of community contributions.
- Update core technologies to bring the editor up to date.
- Core technologies such as Node.js, Electron etc., keeping them up to date so new features and libraries can be used and added without hacky workarounds.
- Emphasize the elements that make the editor great to really make Pulsar stand out from the crowd, not only for ex-Atom users but for everyone.